I recently cooked dinner for 4 adults (very big eaters) for less than $15.
Things you will need:
- 2- 1lb rolls of Jenny-O
- ground Turkey $1.88 each At Walmart
- 2- boxes of Great Value stove top dressing $1.00 each at Waltmart
- 1- box of chicken broth aprox. $1.50 at Walmart
- 3-4 tblsp of flour maybe .50 cents from your cuboard
- 1- large bag of Great Value mixed vegetables about $2.00 from Walmart
- 1- package of wide egg noodles cheap brand about $1.50
- 2-tblsp of butter maybe .25 cents from your fridge
Put the ground turkey in a large bowl and add about half of one package of stuffing and mix together. Add a litle pepper but no salt (stuffing is salty). In another bowl mix stuffing with hot water and butter according to directions on the box. you will want the stuffing moist and firm not wet as this is not going to be baked. next take an amount of turkey and flatten it out in your hand (you will need to experiment to get the size you want. I make them a little big to save time) take a smaller amount of stuffing and place it in the middle of the flattened turkey and fold the turkey around your stuffing. place on a broiler pan so drippings will drip away from the turkey balls. Bake @ 350 until brown about 20-30 minutes once the stuffed turkey balls are done remove from the oven and set aside use the chicken broth, butter and flour to make your gravy and season to tast a cook your mixed vegetables according to package directions next boil your noodles per package directions and drain place your meatballs in the gravy and simmer very low for about 15 minutes to heat through serve over egg noodles with mixed vegetables on the side One terrific meal on the cheap P.S. the meatballs freeze very well so make plenty.